PLACES OF INTEREST

GORAI.

Gorai, in Salsette, about five miles west of Borivli station on the Baroda railway, with a Christian population of 973, has a church dedicated to the Holy Magi. It was built by subscription in 1810, is seventy-five feet long, twenty-four broad and twenty-one high, and is in good repair. About a mile to the north are the ruins of an old Portuguese church seventy-two feet long, twenty-seven broad, and 22 high. A Portuguese and a Marathi school are supported by local funds.