Patan, on the banks of the river Burai, is a village with 2,031 souls in 1961 in Sindkheda taluka about 1.60 km. (one mile) distant from the taluka headquarters. It is largely an agricultural village principally growing cotton, jovar and groundnut. A primary school is conducted herein the village chavadi-out-post.

The village, however, is known for an antique temple dedicated to Asapuri Devi. It was built in Samvat 1884 as can be made out from an inscription fixed on the lintel of the vestibule. Around the temple is a lowly constructed courtyard wall of brick and mortar, with entrances on the southern and eastern side leading into a small unpaved courtyard. Just outside the eastern entrance there is a ling housed under a canopy. Immediately inside is a 7.62 metres (25 ft.) high lamp-pillar of brick and mortar. The temple mandap with arch formations on three of its sides formed by 16 pillars, is 2.322 m2 (25 sq. ft.). On one side of the entrance to the vestibule are fixed carved images of Shankar and Parvati. Varsh (boar incarnation of Vishnu) and Ganapati, while on the other there are similar images of Ganapati and Hanuman. The latter however are in defaced state. Above these are two figures of elephant riders. A few other images are also carved in relief. In a gorgeously decorated canopy installed on a broad platform stands the four-handed image of the goddess. It is depicted as trampling a severed demon's trunk under the feet. Whereas the right hands are holding a trishul and a conch shell, in the left there is a disc and the demon's head held by the hair. A dome like shikhar with a trishul planted on its spire adorns the vestibule. Excepting the shikar which is of bricks the temple is a solid work in masonry. A fair lasting for three days begins on Chaitra Shuddha Paurnima. It holds 3.642 hectares (9 acres) of inam land granted by the Ravals.