Andhari river.-A river which has three main branches, the first known as Bokardoh rising in the eastern slopes of the Phersagarh hills; the second rising in the trap country near Bhisi known in its first course as the Patalganga, Chimur and Neri rivers and finally as Gondni; and the third rising in the Chimur hills known as Purana Andhari. The first and second unite at Kuramgaon and are joined by the third near Jamb and the river which is eventually known as Andhari falls into the Wainganga a little south of Ghatkul after a course from north to south measuring in a straight line of 65 miles. That portion of the river from Kuramgaon until it, is joined by the third branch near Jamb is also known as the Mul river. During the rains the Andhari has a large body of water running with much violence and in the summer there is a chain of pools along its entire course. Several nullahs contribute their quota to the river which passes through stretches of Government forest of valuable bamboo and other timber.
Ankisa.-A large and exceptionally fertile village of the Upper Taluk of the Sironcha tahsil lying on the left bank of the Godavari river, 17 miles south of Sironcha on the road to Dumagudiam. Population in 1901, 3029 against 2375 in 1891. The best land is the low-lying gadda land which receives the silt of the river, and grows exceptionally heavy crops of juari and chillies. The central belt of the village consists of regorde land, on which wheat is cultivated. To the north lies an area of poor soil in the vicinity of forest, and in this the cultivation consists of small patches of rice and baris. In this last area there are two tanks one of which irrigates about 20 acres of rice land, while the other is reserved for drinking purposes. Most of the resident tenants are Arewars. The village is purely agricultural, and its only trade is in juari, til, mung and gram which it exports to Rajahmundry and to the Nizam's dominions. A weekly market is held on Thursdays. The only public institution is a primary board school for boys.
Arher Nawargaon.-A village situated on the plain that lies between Bramhapuri and the Wainganga in the Bramhapuri tahsil. It is two miles from Bramhapuri and about one mile from the river bank. Some 50 years ago the village was purchased by the present malguzar Daji Raghav for Rs. 2000 (Nagpur coin). The people have the reputation of being very well off. 'Even the Mahars are moneylendersis said of the village. The population in 1901 was 2231. The villagers belong chiefly to the Kunbi and Mahar castes and are nearly all tenants, and the malguzar is a Brahman. The chief crops are juari and broadcast rice. There is a small school with some fifty pupils on the roll.
Armori-A large slatternly looking village lying on the road connecting Bramhapuri and Garhchiroli, and distant 15 miles from the former and 21 miles from the latter. It is also connected with Mendki by a good second class road which will ultimately be extended to Talodhi. The population of the village is 4802 and consists mainly of Koshtis, Kunbis, Telis and Dhimars. Situated as it is within eight miles of Wairagarh and little further from the western border of the zamindaris, Armori has naturally become the most important mart of the eastern half of the District, and the weekly bazar held on Fridays is a very considerable one, the traffic in cloth and cattle being particularly heavy. Formerly also this was the great entrepot for the disposal of the iron smelted in the east of the District, but of late years the output of this has much declined. A good deal of forest produce is brought here, and the village is the headquarters of the Wairagarh Forest range. The Wainganga river passes two miles to the west, and during the rains carries a small boat traffic. The manufactures of the place are coarse and fine cotton cloth, country carts, and tasar spinning and weaving. About 40 families of Dhimars are engaged in rearing tasar silk worms, while there are 23 families of spinners, but out of some 100 families engaged in weaving only four men now weave in tasar. Some of the patterns locally produced are of more than usual merit. The type of country cart for which the village is chiefly noted is the dhamni, and the dhamnis of Armori command a very good market, particularly among the local zamindars. A Public Works inspection bungalow, a police station-house, a dispensary, school and pound constitute the public buildings of the place. The only surviving building of any archaeological interest is an old triple shrined Sivite temple which Cunningham assigns to Raja Hara Chandra Gond, but there was no Gond king of that name, and he probably means Hir Shah, who during a prosperous reign adorned his country with several fine buildings. North-west of the temple lies a large tank, which considerably enhances its beauty. Fragments and sculptures lie about in its neighbourhood which point to the probability of there having been other temples at one time. The village belongs to the Bhonsla Raja Raghuji Rao of Nagpur. There is only one tank, and irrigation is effected from small boris of which there are 25. The village suffers difficulties in respect of water-supply in the hot weather.
Asaralli.-A large village in the Upper Taluk of Sironcha lying about 19 miles to the south of Sironcha on the left bank of the Godavari. In 1901 its population was 3128 persons. Asaralli is in the main an agricultural village, and the conditions of cultivation precisely resemble those of Ankisa, But it is remarkable as having for long possessed the only open bazar in the Upper Taluk. This is held each Friday and is known as the Marriott Market: it attracts visitors from the Lower Taluks, from Bastar and from the Nizam's dominions. The existence of this bazar has induced a fairly large trading community to settle in Asaralli, which, with the exception of Sironcha itself, is the only village in the taluk which is not purely agricultural. Rajus and Komtis form quite a large community: the kamdar of the superior proprietor is himself a Raju, and a man of much substance and influence. Needless to say, the pernicious relation between sahukars and agriculturists for which the tahsil is notorious here flourishes in its most rank form, and sahukars have absorbed much of the cultivation of the village-Most of the tenants are Arewars. A police outpost, a primary school and a post office complete the tale of public buildings. The population at the last census numbered 3128.